Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Spatial Investigations: Collage and Montage Part 2

Arch 936 Thesis Prep II
Part 2 of the project was to choose two out of our six collages and work in section. The section should help improve the definition of the chosen term. 



"Color" Collage Section

This montage is difficult to read at this size but I played with the opacity of areas and overlayed a cell structure-like shape to represent the make-up of a flower. There are 4 parts to the flower: sepals, petals, stamens, and carpels. The four rings of the shape embody those 4 parts and the lines between them represent the complex web that holds those parts together. 




"Linearity" Collage Section

For this collage I used a literal section line as a reference for my section cut.  I then extruded the lines to random heights to create a graph like image. In the next stage I would like to find a way to connect the lines to enhance the section.

No comments:

Post a Comment