Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thesis Update!

Its been a while since I've updated my thesis blog so there are a few things that need explaining. 


Once again, the program of my project has changed. Moving from a small branch library I've decided to go in the direction of a gallery incorporating plenty of public gathering space with a total square footage of roughly 10,000sf. Further down on Salem Street is The North Bennett Street School, a small trade school where students build furniture, cabinets, violins, and jewelry. Part of the program will be to display the work of these students. 


I have been doing some research on HVAC systems and the pros and cons of a mechanical, or intelligent building skin as opposed to a user operated system. It seems that the most appropriate heating and cooling method for my thesis would be a Hybrid, a system that combines the best aspects from both mechanical and operable facades.  

No comments:

Post a Comment