Monday, November 29, 2010

(RE)Defining the Program

Reevaluating my thesis statement and ideas, I have decided to change the program of my project. Making a complete 180, my program has changed from a wellness spa to a small library branch. The skin of the building is still very important to this type of program. The books require very specific air and lighting qualities to remain in usable condition. The North End already has a larger, one story library near by however my thesis will be more of an infill project expressing verticality. A library is still an integral part of a community, acting as a public space to all. It not only houses books and articles but also acts as a community center offering classes to the neighborhood, a space to use computers and internet and also arranges social events for children and teens. This thesis project will be a significant addition to the North End community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment